Frost'D Frost'D

Good but stiff

I know stiff and good are not necessarily mutually exclusive.. but in this case it was a bad thing :P

I liked the idea, i liked the voice acting and the art.. the animation was pretty nice too!
I just didnt like that the camera angle NEVER changed as he was moving away from the fire and smashed those plates and stuff.

It could have been far more effectivly done than it was.. but i understand given that you didnt have long to do it in.

Good job!

MindChamber responds:

that actually was intentional. its like a long uncomfortable webcam shot of someone bustin their ass, but I can see how some people would think it dragged on, But considering your submission I would think you understand.

Tankmen: Come Sail Away Tankmen: Come Sail Away

You know you've a problem on your hands when..

Your ending credits are actually longer than your animation.

Also, Sylux 117: The lyric isn't he'd make a planet and follow through.. and STRANGELY ENOUGH it's not a reference to brian shitting himself.

The lyric is "He's make a plan and follow through, that's what Brian Boitanno'd do".
As in follow his plan through to the end.

Once Upon A Random Dream Once Upon A Random Dream

Not bad

It needa a bit of substance to it though.. i understand it was meant to be a crazy random dream.. but we see a lot of stuff like this.
You clearly have some tallent, and so i gave you a pretty average score.. if you had perhaps developed some kind of storyline and given it some backgrounds than you would have scored higher.

Keep at it though, you'll get there.

Scale of the Universe 2 Scale of the Universe 2

Shockingly good

Air for Android/iOS this, how good would this be on an iPad or Android tablet? Fantastic!

FPA: Sneak Peek FPA: Sneak Peek

Smooth

Super smooth Brad, but there's a couple of bugs in it.
When I was between the 2 buildings in the first area, I let go of the wall on the right and did a backflip as I fell, upon hitting the ground I was placed underground just off screen to the right, just before where the scientist guy and his trick room are.
I can't seem to recreate this one.

In the lake stage a similar thing happened, and I can recreate this just about every time.

At the start, roll down the slope and as you reach the end of it just before the water hit jump. FPM will appear on the platform on the other side of the lake.

It's looking good though! Plays super smooth, very polished. Good luck on the consoles!

FPA: World 2 FPA: World 2

Shocking.

Honestly now, this game shocked me. You pulled things out of the bag that I really didn't think were possible in a Flash game.

Anyway, after playing it to death I can finally give my review.

The artwork - A mixed bag. You're animation of the fancy pants man is fluid and enjoyable, but the majority of the backgrounds you did, the enemies and their movement all leaves something to be desired. Not enough polish.
I did enjoy seeing the others levels appear in the game, Adams especially.. though with his it wasn't very clear where you were supposed to go or what you could and couldn't jump on. The Swains level was glorious though!

The Music - Good stuff, more of the same! I liked the music in the previous one, and i'm liking it in this one too. No complaints here.

Controls - Tight, intuative, fluid, seamless. He does everything I want him to and more besides. Flawless.

Gameplay - Like an overused joke. I loved it at first, all the charm and fun of the original returned with a few new twists! Some of them excellent.. one of them hideously over used.
Fancy Golf is a nice toy, but making it such a huge part of the game like this is frustrating. It feels like you've just gotten hold of a new toy and want to show it off as much as you can.
I probably wouldn't have minded nearly as much if smacking that shell about wasn't necessary to beat the boss.
Slidey Walls are very clever and really quite enjoyable though.

Overall - Loved it, a huge accomplishment for a Flash game and it's one I won't soon forget. Having said that, I actually prefer the original.

DrNeroCF responds:

Thanks for the detailed review! I figured that not everyone would enjoy the snail shell, so I kept it optional throughout the majority of the game. But hey, I'm glad you still enjoyed the game overall.