Scale of the Universe 2 Scale of the Universe 2

Shockingly good

Air for Android/iOS this, how good would this be on an iPad or Android tablet? Fantastic!

FPA: Sneak Peek FPA: Sneak Peek

Smooth

Super smooth Brad, but there's a couple of bugs in it.
When I was between the 2 buildings in the first area, I let go of the wall on the right and did a backflip as I fell, upon hitting the ground I was placed underground just off screen to the right, just before where the scientist guy and his trick room are.
I can't seem to recreate this one.

In the lake stage a similar thing happened, and I can recreate this just about every time.

At the start, roll down the slope and as you reach the end of it just before the water hit jump. FPM will appear on the platform on the other side of the lake.

It's looking good though! Plays super smooth, very polished. Good luck on the consoles!

FPA: World 2 FPA: World 2

Shocking.

Honestly now, this game shocked me. You pulled things out of the bag that I really didn't think were possible in a Flash game.

Anyway, after playing it to death I can finally give my review.

The artwork - A mixed bag. You're animation of the fancy pants man is fluid and enjoyable, but the majority of the backgrounds you did, the enemies and their movement all leaves something to be desired. Not enough polish.
I did enjoy seeing the others levels appear in the game, Adams especially.. though with his it wasn't very clear where you were supposed to go or what you could and couldn't jump on. The Swains level was glorious though!

The Music - Good stuff, more of the same! I liked the music in the previous one, and i'm liking it in this one too. No complaints here.

Controls - Tight, intuative, fluid, seamless. He does everything I want him to and more besides. Flawless.

Gameplay - Like an overused joke. I loved it at first, all the charm and fun of the original returned with a few new twists! Some of them excellent.. one of them hideously over used.
Fancy Golf is a nice toy, but making it such a huge part of the game like this is frustrating. It feels like you've just gotten hold of a new toy and want to show it off as much as you can.
I probably wouldn't have minded nearly as much if smacking that shell about wasn't necessary to beat the boss.
Slidey Walls are very clever and really quite enjoyable though.

Overall - Loved it, a huge accomplishment for a Flash game and it's one I won't soon forget. Having said that, I actually prefer the original.

DrNeroCF responds:

Thanks for the detailed review! I figured that not everyone would enjoy the snail shell, so I kept it optional throughout the majority of the game. But hey, I'm glad you still enjoyed the game overall.

Spectrum Spectrum

A fantastic idea poorly executed.

Sorry to say it man, the idea was great! Honestly, creating levels based on music thats uploaded?
Amazing.. i just expected a different type of game.. and for the upload to actually work. I tried it both here and on your site.

Anyway, im not quite sure if this is possible.. ive not ventured outside of ActionScript 2.0 yet. But I expected the music to actually shape a level.. perhaps like a defender type game, but where the top and bottom is shaped by the level, and the enemies are spawned by and react to the music.

A very cool idea, but im afraid it just wasnt much fun.

Spin Soar {Red} Spin Soar {Red}

Embedding

I just read the previous review and noticed this

"I noticed that the numbers in the score box where in standard “Times New Roman” font when all the other texts where in a different font. I don’t think you embedded it properly."

to which i saw your reply that they just didnt have the font.

Well they were right, you see.. you avoid the issue of other people not having the font by instead of only specifying a font, you actually embed it in the movie. This way everyone will see the font regardless of wether they have the font installed on their machine or not.

This was introduced due to the fact that there are multiple platforms out there, and on Linux for example, you dont get Windows Fonts as they just arent free.

I cant remember how to do it exactlyu, as its been a little while since ive used flash for anything more than illustration or design, but im sure you could find something online that will explain it better than i could here anyway.

Hopefully this helps.

Loa And The Island Quest Loa And The Island Quest

Superb!

But you knew I liked it already.

Prehistoric. Prehistoric.

brilliant game!

and clearly a lot of work went into this, although.. i have to say.. i played a demo of one of my friends flash games hes been working on for some time now, and.. this one reminds me so much of his!
i think its probably just drawing from the same inspiration, both are fantastic though!

very enjoyable, although i did feel it was a bit slow in places.. it picked up though. Well done!

Fully deserved the front page and awards! I seriously hope this gets the best of august.

Ball OF Madness Ball OF Madness

Impressive!

I wouldnt even know where to begin coding a game like this, sure... 2d Platformers i can do alright, but this... wowsers

isometric games always amaxe me when done in flash

and this one dosnt dissapoint

too bad the levels arent quite as insane as the original marble madness

still, a very worthy tribute!

Slit Your Wrists! Slit Your Wrists!

a fair review

ok, time for a nice fair review.
this is obviously not an attempt to make anyone go and copy this.
this is a bit of a social commentary making light of the act itself.

people do do this, so what?

its not cool, its not funny... but its a game now.

The graphics were goodish...the cuts were shit and there was no background.
style - well i wouldnt be able to tell it apart from a number of other authers just be looking at it. so its lacking in that department.
sound, there was none. big improvments needed.
Violence - it was depicting i violent act in a non violent way... you only see the cuts fade in and no penetration takes place.
interactivity, well yea...it was interactive... but there wasnt a lot to do.
humor, it was making lite of a foolish act that some emo teenagers take part in. although some people with serious problems do it also and we should not make fun of that. its importent to see the difference.

everyone should calm down, it clearly wasnt meant to be anything overly offensive. nor was it an attempt to get people to cut themselfs.

"OMG I SAW IT ON NG IT MUST BE TEH AWESOME!!!"

thats not going to happen is it?

rate and review a flash based on the catagories...not based on what you thought of the content in cases like thses. story based movies are a different matter.

Thing-Thing Thing-Thing

asskickin!

not a fan of madness...not at all...
but i think you deffinatly surpassed it with this one, the controls were far better for a start, and it kept me entertained thoughout!

although i noticed the character animation has no easing whatsoever... thats the only real improvment i can think of, oh and the not being hurt when touching the other characters thing that has been mentioned before